Scout's Log

My account of life in space. The year is 77 Space Age, which is, in more ancient terms, 2327 CE. I am space debris. And of all the ships in the galaxy, I had to hop aboard the pirate ship. Such is life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: onboard 'Oberon', deep space

I push ahead, always navigating, always scouting somewhere. I have this tendency to outlive my friends, and much of what I have known is now gone. It is my goal in life to know everything. I figure the best way to do so is to travel the universe, picking up information as I go. This is the path I've chosen.

Thursday, August 4, 77 S.A.

fun facts

The thing that Caban neglected to tell me is that Miklund-3 has a strict ban on alcohol of any sort. And, well, its hard to remember such tiny details when you’ve never been to a place before. I’ll just add it to the list of things I’ve learned recently. Let us examine them.

  • Miklund does not permit the sale or transport of alcohol
  • Border patrols DO check ALL ships entering the capitol city
  • Borer patrols DO NOT appreciate attempted bribery
  • They also DO NOT appreciate being insulted by foreign ship captains
  • Refusal to permit a search of your ship means that you cannot enter
  • Coming back after the border patrol changes shift results in relearning facts #2-5
  • The third shift of border patrollers are either sleepy or absent-minded, small ships can sneak by without being noticed for several minutes
  • Not responding to hails permits border patrol ships to open fire
  • Roller has very strong hull-plating.
  • One out of every hundred barrels has a tendency to spring a leak if bounced around a bit.
  • Roller is a difficult ship to land.
  • Miklund does not follow standard time, making meetings with contacts difficult.
  • Much of Miklund is still under-charted territory.
  • Sleeping on the ground has become somehow less comfortable than sleeping onboard a ship.
  • Tents are not strategic.
  • Caban relies on luck.
  • Bootlegging is extremely profitable.
  • Border patrols do not search ships leaving Miklund.
  • Border patrols DO NOT appreciate being insulted on the way out.

I don’t know why people choose to remain so ignorant. It is easy to learn new things. While I could have used common sense to tell you many of those facts, some of them came as complete surprises.
Oh, Scout. You knew you’d be surprised when you started all this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home