Scout's Log

My account of life in space. The year is 77 Space Age, which is, in more ancient terms, 2327 CE. I am space debris. And of all the ships in the galaxy, I had to hop aboard the pirate ship. Such is life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: onboard 'Oberon', deep space

I push ahead, always navigating, always scouting somewhere. I have this tendency to outlive my friends, and much of what I have known is now gone. It is my goal in life to know everything. I figure the best way to do so is to travel the universe, picking up information as I go. This is the path I've chosen.

Thursday, April 6, 77 S.A.

new stories

This doctor is a fount of new information, new perspectives. I asked him how he found the crew, and the new life he has found. He talks so much in part, I think, to try to put me at ease, to cover the potential awkwardness of the situation.

“I’ve never been offworld before, I didn’t know we were even taking off until I came out of the medbay and looked out the window. It’s…it’s amazing. I never knew. But its strange, to suddenly be here in the crew. They offered to take me back to Paquin but…why should I? The ship is well enough, and the folk are…well, they’re friendly.”
I tried to laugh, but it hurt, and the Doctor looked concerned and checked my vitals on the screen I realized I was hooked up to.
“They accepted me because I was helping you, I think. They all sort of hung around, waiting. The Captain helped as much as he could, waited with you most of the time, when the others sent him off the bridge to sleep he came here. Kon found excuses to wander by and look in on you, that girl Em perched over on the stool and peered at you, saying strange things here and there. Ice…well, half a day before you woke up, you got real restless, started rolling around a bit, muttering, and she got plenty fierce and insisted on waiting with you alone.”
This doesn’t make any sense, but he didn’t know that.

“They’ll be glad you’re awake now.”

“So am I.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home