Scout's Log

My account of life in space. The year is 77 Space Age, which is, in more ancient terms, 2327 CE. I am space debris. And of all the ships in the galaxy, I had to hop aboard the pirate ship. Such is life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: onboard 'Oberon', deep space

I push ahead, always navigating, always scouting somewhere. I have this tendency to outlive my friends, and much of what I have known is now gone. It is my goal in life to know everything. I figure the best way to do so is to travel the universe, picking up information as I go. This is the path I've chosen.

Tuesday, November 29, 77 S.A.

passage

I write this in the near pitch-black, wondering what pitch is and if it is truly as black as I assume. Space-black is a more appropriate term, but one my grandparents never used.
Oberon is nestled however safely in the hold of a giant ore carrier, entrusted entirely to the care of these crooked miners we deal with. It is packed in and surrounded by crates and supplies. Every ship's system is powered down, soon all electronics, light, life support, grav functions, appliances, web connections and everything else with a pulse will be shut off as well. I write this in the dark, soon to turn this Log program off, wondering if I'll ever have the chance to turn it on again. If I do, I promise to write everything. There is too much left unsaid, which may be worse than those things simply left undiscovered and unknown.

I'll sit in the bridge with Caban, though the helm is useless now, we are locked down. He is nervous, not scared enough to tell me but enough so that I notice. I wonder if he sees the same in me. Kon is stowed aboard the mining ship itself, a small bribe to yet another miner to keep us safe from betrayal. We won't be caught. If we are...things will be dark for a long time still.

It is time to shut down now, the slow hiss of air coming to a halt, Caban sighing as he switches off the last glowing buttons. I will close this as well, and give myself once more to the night. His hand is on my shoulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home