Scout's Log

My account of life in space. The year is 77 Space Age, which is, in more ancient terms, 2327 CE. I am space debris. And of all the ships in the galaxy, I had to hop aboard the pirate ship. Such is life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: onboard 'Oberon', deep space

I push ahead, always navigating, always scouting somewhere. I have this tendency to outlive my friends, and much of what I have known is now gone. It is my goal in life to know everything. I figure the best way to do so is to travel the universe, picking up information as I go. This is the path I've chosen.

Monday, April 17, 77 S.A.

back

Today was the first day I've ben able to be up and around without worrying terribly about rupturing the Doctor's careful suturing, and bleeding out once more. My legs are weak, but most of the pain is gone. I hate painkillers...while effective, the floating feeling is confusing, and the dreams far too realistic. The Doctor should keep them well locked up, with the Sneak prying around.
I stumbled over to the bridge, which was empty, and sat at my nav system. We're drifting out toward the Michaela system again, as Caban had said, though what awaits us I am not sure. I set in a new route that will save us 16 hours, though we'll have to jump, if I'm up for it.
When I walked into the kitchen area, I realized suddenly just how long I'd been gone. Kon and Caban were draped in sheets, and the Doctor was treating them each to an old-fashioned haircut and shave. Caban, fresh-faced, leapt up and squeezed my shoulder, still wary of my tenderized body. Kon greeted me heartily, but remained seated and fully lathered, and the Doctor grinned cheerfully before returning to his careful work. Ice sat in the corner, program pads before her and a bemused smile on her face. Em perched on the countertop, her legs dangling as she chuckled quietly.
A strange family scene, to be certain, but a family nonetheless. And I joined them, sitting there with them as long as my strength lasted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home