Scout's Log

My account of life in space. The year is 77 Space Age, which is, in more ancient terms, 2327 CE. I am space debris. And of all the ships in the galaxy, I had to hop aboard the pirate ship. Such is life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: onboard 'Oberon', deep space

I push ahead, always navigating, always scouting somewhere. I have this tendency to outlive my friends, and much of what I have known is now gone. It is my goal in life to know everything. I figure the best way to do so is to travel the universe, picking up information as I go. This is the path I've chosen.

Thursday, May 25, 77 S.A.

watching

I felt something heavy and round in each of my hands, and when I looked down to see what I was holding, I saw, cupped in each palm, a bright blue eyeball staring up at me.

I didn't scream or try to drop them, just looked down into the blank gaze. They were Lys' eyes, but made horrific by their lack of attachment to anything else. There was no scrap of skin, no hint of a smile, nothing that made them part of him. They were severed, inhuman, and completely horrible because of it.

When I woke up I remembered falling down the ladder, and not wanting to ask the Doctor for meds, and dosing myself. This most likely is the explanation for the dreams, but does not allow me to escape from the feeling that I am being watched. That something is not as it seems. Normally I would be comforted by Ulysses' presence, or any reminder of him, but he was not there. Just two bits of his body, utterly cold and meaningless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home